ສ.ບ.ສ ມີການຮ່ວມມືພາຍໃນ ແລະ ຄູ່ຮ່ວມມືສາກົນ
Using research to inform health policy in Laos
LEARN (Lao Equity through policy Analysis and Research Networks) is a 5 year program that is funded by the European Commission to enhance the capabilities of public health institutes in Laos. Working together with a range of partners the program aims to support the Lao National Institute of Public Health as a center of excellence for the provision of evidence-based and contextually adapted policy advice. This evidence is used to enhance decision making and improve the implementation of health policies. LEARN brings together a several partners to achieve this goal. In addition to the National Institute of Public Health, LEARN works with the University of Health Sciences in Laos, the VU University in the Netherlands, the Hanoi University of Public in Vietnam and MCNV, an international NGO that has been working in the health sector in the Greater Mekong Sub-region for several decades.
- Effective and convincing evidence is available to policy-makers who are better able to use it for policy making and programming
- The National Institute of Public Health and its partners have increased access to finance, skilled human resources and information
- Researchers are able to produce high quality research and convincingly present results and recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders
- International scholarships for Lao researchers to gain PhD degrees
- A joint Masters in Public Health Program between University of Health Sciences and Hanoi University of Public Health
- Upgrade of IT facilities and e-library support
- A research grant scheme to support the production of high quality research with Laos
- Development of a strategic plan for National Institute of Public Health
- Various workshops and trainings including ethics, transdisciplinary research practice, production of policy briefs, and other subjects
Unit 13 Rue Nerhu, Phonexay Village, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR MCNV Laos Tel +856 21454 793 Email: email@example.com
MCNV is a Dutch INGO with the mission to support development activities in S.E. Asia. In Lao PDR it undertakes integrated rural development activities with a particular focus on nutrition and maternal and child health. At a national level MCNV is supporting health research activities in conjunction with Lao Public Health institutes via the EU-funded LEARN Program.
Sustainable Development Goals for Adolescents
A Network for Researchers, Development partners, and Stakeholders within the field of Adolescent Health in the Mekong Region
The SDG4A network website will act as a virtual platform of interaction, collaboration and knowledge sharing where each agency can request membership, create their own profile and share resources with other members.
Program for International Promotion of Japan’s Healthcare Technologies and Services” was newly launched at the NCGM, under sponsorship of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan.
This Program aims at enhancing human resources for health in the counterpart countries, through sharing Japanese cutting-edge medical technologies, management skills and experiences in public health. Strengthening the NCGM Collaboration Institutions is one of the missions of this program, and thus we are preparing to sign MOU with the NIOPH, as a new NCGM Collaboration Institution. In Laos, the NCGM has signed MOU with Institut Pasteur du Laos (IPL), under which SATREPS has been implemented. Therefore, the NIOPH will be the 2nd NCGM Collaboration Institution, following IPL.
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health-Institute (Swiss TPH) and the National Institute of Public Health (NIOPH) in Lao PDR. Therefore, tribendimidine could be a promising new therapy against widespread liver fluke infections. The results were published today in the renowned journal Lancet Infectious Diseases.