ກອງປະຊຸມຄົ້ນຄວ້າວິທະຍາສາດສາທາລະນະສຸກ ຄັ້ງ 12
15–17 ຕຸລາ 2018
ສະຖາບັນສາທາລະນະສຸກສາດ ແມ່ນມີຄວາມຍີນດີປະກາດໃຫ້ລົງທະບຽນ (Call for abstracts) ສຳລັບກອງປະຊຸມວິທະຍາສາດສາທາລະນະສຸກ ຄັ້ງ 12 ແລະ ກອງປະຊຸມກະກຽມ “ກອງປະຊຸມວິທະຍາສາດກ່ຽວກັບໄວຫນຸ່ມ” ທັງສອງຈະໄດ້ຈັດຂື້ນທີ່ ໂຮງແຮມຄລາວພາຊາ, ນະຄອນຫຼວງວຽງຈັນ ສປປ ລາວ ໃນວັນທີ່ 15 ຫາ 17 ຕຸລາ 2018
Prof Dr Sengchanh Kounnavong
Director, Lao Tropical and Public Health Institute
I am honored and delighted to welcome you on behalf of the Organizing Committee, to the 12th National Health Research Forum, Concurring with the 3rd adolescent research day conference, to be held on 15th to 17th October 2018 in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
This year, 2 conferences will be organized at the same place at Crowne Plaza Hotel, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
- 15th October 2018 will be the 3rd adolescent research day conference
- 16th - 17th October 2018 will be the 12th National Health Research Forum
The conference on adolescent health aims to emphasize the importance of quality research on adolescent-specific issues as well as disaggregated data on adolescents, acknowledging the specific needs of adolescents and the current lack of evidence in the region and globally. The conference will also invite decision-makers and relevant stakeholders to ensure efficient communication of evidence, or the lack thereof, to decision-makers directly and to facilitate discussions between researchers and decision-makers. In SDG5 there are specific indicators pertaining to early marriage and early pregnancy, the complexity of which calls for multi-sectoral interventions and collaborations. Moreover, in SDG3 there are specific indicators pertaining to nutrition, primarily focusing on maternal or infant nutrition. However, current research often ignore that mothers are often adolescents in this context and often with sub-optimal nutritional status, additionally children born to adolescents are at higher risk of adverse nutritional outcomes early in life. Hence, to break the viscous cycle of malnutrition, adolescence is crucial and evidence
Moreover, you will love to visit Vientiane, historical and economic city of Laos, and will enjoy the culture, traditional foods, handicrafts and hospitality of Lao people.
I look forward to welcoming you to our city and country.
|Monday October 15, 2018|| ||Registration, Opening ceremony for the 3rd Adolescent Research Day including plenary, presentations, poster exhibition, panel discussions and policy dialogue|
|Tuesday October 16, 2018|| ||Registration, Opening ceremony for the 12th NHRF 2018 including plenary, presentation, Poster exhibition, Forum Dinner for all|
|Wednesday October 17, 2018|| ||Continue presentation, Poster exhibition and closing ceremony|
In keeping with the success of the 11 NHRFs since 2007, the 12th NHRF theme will focus on the importance of health research system strengthening that contributing to the achievement of Universal Health Coverage, and control the Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) and eliminate some communicable diseases (CD) in Lao PDR by 2025.
The 12th NHRF will gather internal and international public health researchers, epidemiologist, social scientists, health economists, practitioners, and other experts in health research development who share a passion for exchanging ideas and analysis in the various fields of health researches.
In addition, the 12th National Health Research Forum will provide an unique platform as an opportunity to start an in-country sector policy dialogue on how best the health research system strengthening enhancing and accelerating the health sector reform in Lao PDR by 2025 as ensuring the UHC, control of NCD and eliminate the CD.
The 12th NHRF will establish effective links between the policy/political level, public health institutions, relevant sectors outside health; health aids agencies, and civil society organizations.
The Pre-conference Adolescent research day
The annual Adolescent Research day (ARD) was established in 2016 under Noi 2030 framework as a joint initiative by Lao TPHI and United Nation Population Fund (UNFPA) and Medical Committee Netherlands-Vietnam (MCNV) in Lao PDR. The ARD is held prior the annual health research forum, as a one-day conference with a specific theme related to adolescents. It provides a platform for researchers, policy-makers and development partners in the Greater Mekong Sub-region to unite, share existing research and collaborative on generating new evidence. The overall goal is to fill the gap and build knowledge and evidence on adolescents 10-19 years for promoting evidence-based policies and comprehensive interventions that are vital to achieving the well-being of all adolescents in the region. This year’s ARD will focus on SDG 1 (End poverty) with special emphasis on social protection and interlinked with health, education and employment, with the theme:
The objective of the Forumis to bring together researchers, policy makers, health specialists and other experts to discuss the field of health researches that could be best enhancing and accelerating the achievement of the health sector reform in Lao PDR by 2025 as a part of Sustainable Development Goals related to health challenges particularly goal 1, 2,3,4,5, 6, and 8. The forum will enable the exchange of ideas and knowledge between the different disciplines for facilitating research and clinical interdisciplinary collaborations focusing various health problems, including policy dialogue for health related challenges.
The following specific objectives are set for the twelfth NHRF:
• To present the new research findings and innovation of research works related to health researches, health economic, development of human resource for health and health information system development at both nationally and internationally
• To share and to learn the best practices of research skills between national and international researchers
• To strengthen and enhance the research network within and between countries
• To provide evidences to policy-makers for their decision-making
• To conduct an in-country sector policy dialogue to prepare for the achievement of midterm health sector reform in Lao PDR as a part of SDGs implementation to ensure the health system improvement
• To establish effective links between the policy/political level, public health institutions, relevant sectors outside health, health aids agencies, and civil society organizations.
Abstract Guidelines and Formatting an Abstracts
THE 3rd ADOLESCENT RESEARCH DAY
15th October 2018
THE 12th NATIONAL HEALTH RESEARCH FORUM
16th – 17th October 2018
Vientiane capital, Lao PDR
General InstructionsThank you for your interest in submitting an abstract for the 12th NHRF, the deadline for all submissions is 31th August 2018 to ensure publication requirements are met. Abstracts will be reviewed on rolling basis with a notification issued within 4 weeks after submission. Selection of oral and poster presentations will take place and speakers and presenters will be informed by 15th September 2018.
Preparing and formatting an abstracts
• Abstracts can only be submitted online using the Abstract Template available on the conference website
• Abstracts must be submitted in English
• No references, tables or graphics should be included in the abstract
• When using abbreviations within the body of the abstract, please spell out the name in full at first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis
• It is the responsibility of the author to ensure abstract text does not contain any typos or grammatical errors. The organizer will not be responsible for any errors published
• No changes can be made after the abstract deadline has passed
ORAL PRESENTATIONSPaper presentation
A paper presentation refers to a developed academic topic, policy area, an ongoing project or program evaluation. Paper presentations will represent the majority of submissions accepted for the conference and will have the following characteristics:
• 12-15min duration
• 1 presenter per abstract submitted
Submission Rules for Paper Abstracts
Please ensure the following rules are met when submitting a paper abstract:
• Each paper abstract can be submitted under the theme of Conference
• Paper abstract submissions must not have been previously presented at an NHFR Conference.
• No changes can be made to the submitted paper abstract after the submission deadline.
POSTER PRESENTATIONSA poster presentation is designed to allow the presenter to have a static image of text and graphics describing preliminary findings from research or published papers, description of programs or their activities or other creative work completed in the field related to the conferences subthemes. Work being submitted in a poster format must lend itself well to visual displays and representations. These sessions allow for engagement in informal discussions about the work with interested delegates throughout the conference.
Submission Rules of Poster Abstracts
• Each poster abstract can only be submitted under the theme of conference.
• No changes can be made to the submitted workshop submission after the submission deadline.
Preparation of Posters
Each poster will be presented on one side of a large poster board. The maximum dimensions for your poster are 1000 mm x 1200 mm. Your poster does not have to be the maximum size, but should be large enough to be read from a comfortable distance.
Suggested FormatBefore you begin, please prepare the following information:
• Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
• Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s).
- Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
• Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
• Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
• Abstracts should clearly state:
- Background and aims
- Finally, be sure to acknowledge any support you received that enabled the completion of your project (e.g., include the logos your academic and financial sponsors).
• Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appear the first time.
• Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
• Abstract Topics - Abstracts must be allocated to a specific category and topic area for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category and topic most suited to your abstract.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
RULES FOR SUBMISSIONThe presenting author is expected to attend NHRF and present the poster or oral presentation. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission. Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. forum website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
3. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
Abstracts will be evaluated in terms of the importance, timeliness, and relevance of the topic, soundness of approach, and clarity of presentation.
The abstract must be submitted via email attachment with the title, “Last name of first author – Abstract” by 31st August 2018 via https://www.nioph.gov.la/en/.
The 12th National Health Reserach Forum (16th-17th October 2018).
• Please send E-mail to Dr. Khampheng Phongluxa (email@example.com) for any inquiry of abstract submission.
• Please send E-mail to Dr. Latsamy Siengsounthone (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any inquiry of administrative issues.
For more information, please click into the picture